- Prime Performance (we/us/our) acknowledges and respects the privacy of individuals. This policy sets out the way in which we collect, use, manage and protect your personal information.
- We are bound by the Privacy Act 1993 and, in particular, the Information Privacy Principles that are set out in the Privacy Act 1993.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD?
- We may collect and hold personal information provided by you when you:
- a) complete the membership application process for any fitness and health facility operated by Prime Performance 24/7 Ltd;
- b) enter any of our competitions or promotions,
whether through information you give us directly, through our website www.primeperformance247.com (Website), through Facebook advertising and/or promotions or by using an APP made available to you as a member (APP).
- We use the information for the purpose of conducting our business, including (without limitation) (i) to deliver services and information to you, (ii) to assist you with matters relating to the services we provide to you and other members of the clubs, (iii) to improve and better understand your preferences, (iv) to notify you of any change to our services or to your membership terms (including fees), and (v) to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations.
- This information is usually collected directly from you but occasionally, where it is unreasonable or impractical to do so, it may be collected from third party service providers or publicly available sources.
- You may choose not to provide any personal information to us, however as a result we may not be able to provide services to you or inform you of changes to the services we provide or to your membership terms (including fees).
HOW DO WE USE AND DISCLOSE INFORMATION?
- We may use the personal information that you submit to us in connection with the above-stated purposes and for direct marketing purposes (including club newsletters). You can opt out of receiving marketing materials by writing to us at the below address or following any instructions to unsubscribe in one of our marketing emails.
- We may disclose personal information to third parties:
(a) to meet the purpose for which it was submitted (for example, to process your membership application);
(b) to validate the information you provide to us in the course of signing up to and/or using our services;
(c) to undertake fee collection services on our behalf;
(d) if we are required or authorised by law to disclose the information;
(e) if your personal information is collected in connection with a joint promoter, to that joint promoter for marketing and research purposes; and
(f) to protect the personal safety of our staff, other users of our services or the public.
- We may also disclose your information to our affiliated companies and to any prospective purchasers of us or a substantial portion of our assets.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
- You can access and request correction of any personal information concerning you at any time. You may also request that we delete your personal information at any time. Any such requests should be made directly by contacting us (see below for details). Please note that your right to gain access to your information will be subject to the relevant exceptions in the Privacy Act.
INFORMATION VALIDATION AND SECURITY REVIEW
- We take reasonable measures to protect all personal information stored within our database. However, when providing personal information via our Website or an APP (as applicable), we note that the transmission of information using the Internet is not completely secure. We therefore cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted via our Website or an APP (as applicable) and any such transmission is at your own risk.
- Please contact us if you:
(a) wish to discuss any privacy issues
(b) have any concerns regarding your personal information
(c) do not wish to receive any future communications from us.
Prime Performance (Prime Performance) has installed Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras in some of its clubs (and the carparks of those clubs). Those clubs operating CCTV cameras will clearly indicate that CCTV cameras are in operation.
Last updated: 26 August 2020
Prime Performance has done so in order to:
- assist in the safety and protection of members and other visitors to our premises;
- assist in the safety and protection of our employees;
- deter and investigate theft or damage to our property (and property of our members and staff);
- actively and openly promote the security of our premises to current and potential members; and
- ensure the efficient and orderly running of our clubs.
- what information is being collected;
- where are CCTV cameras located;
- the purpose of the information’s collection;
- whether we intend to pass this on to others, and who they may be;
- whether the collection of this information is authorised or required under a particular law;
- the rights of the individual to access and correct the information; and
- our address for contact.
What is the purpose of the information collection? Prime Performance is taking steps to ensure the security and safety of our members, staff and other visitors to our clubs, as well as making sure that our clubs are prevented from damage in any way. A more detailed break down on the reasons is contained in the opening paragraph of this policy. We view CCTV cameras as a means to carry out these steps with minimal imposition on our members. It is also paramount that our staff and visitors to our clubs are safe and secure when at our clubs. The CCTV cameras are a way to help achieve that objective. We may use this footage when conducting internal investigations relating to staff or member complaints.
Will we be passing this information on to other parties? Who will they be? In the event of some unlawful activity being carried out at the clubs (including carparks), and it being recorded on our CCTV cameras, we may pass that footage over to the Police or other third parties (assisting in an investigation) for the purpose of an investigation. Likewise, if the Police believe some unlawful activity was carried out at the club (including carparks) then they may view or ask us to hand over, any footage that may help.
Is collection of this information authorised or required under a particular law? As the owner of the clubs it is our right to install and operate the CCTV cameras in our clubs (including carparks). We also wish to create an environment of people feeling secure and safe in our clubs (and carparks). It is our view that the CCTV cameras will assist in creating this environment. What rights to individuals have to access and correct the information? Any individual who is recorded by our CCTV cameras has the right to access that footage and to make any corrections so long as that information relates to that individual. These are principles of the Privacy Act 1993. A member has no right to access footage that does not relate to the member.
How do you get in contact with us? Please contact us if you:
- wish to discuss any privacy issues; or
- have any concerns regarding your personal information.
Prime Performance firstname.lastname@example.org